Hello all! Y’know, as we move in to this weekend, right before Columbus Day, we think back to how foreigners came over to this land, raped the land and killed the original inhabitants, and created the Freedom land we enjoyed today. Right?
Well, either way, let’s just stay focused on “foreigners” for the moment. My friend Rich, a Brit (and Villa fan…ugh), was the first one to got us started on this mixtape idea, and his first effort was a great mix of 90s alt-rock by Europeople who weren’t Oasis or Radiohead. So, essentially, I got an hour of great music mixed with a European history lesson. It’s everything I’ve ever wanted from High School.
You can get the mix by clicking here. The track list is again hidden after the jump in case you want to play “guess how many songs on this I know.” Enjoy and have a great weekend, folks! See you on Tuesday.
1) Ride – Leave Them All Behind
2) The Stone Roses – Love Spreads
3) dEUS – Suds and Soda
4) Pulp – Babies
5) Happy Mondays – Kinky Afro
6) Inspiral Carpets – Saturn 5
7) Charlatans – One to Another
8) Bentley Rhythm Ace – Bentley’s gonna sort you out
9) James – Laid
10) Jamiroquai – When You Gonna Learn
11) The Montrose Avenue – She’s Looking For Me
12) Sugarcubes – Hit
13) Supergrass – Sitting Up Straight
14) The Cardigans – Rise & Shine
15) Suede – Animal Nitrate
16) My Bloody Valentine – Soon